low pressure

dfd

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
just fitted a new mixer tap to a new bath.
This has a quarter turn for temperature, hot to cold and lifts for flow.
The feed pipes are 22mm, hot from hot water tank and cold from mains.
The cold flow is acceptable, hot much slower and takes ages to fill the bath.
Also has a shower head which also has poor flow from the hot - slightly better from the cold.
The original taps were full turn taps for flow and worked well with the same plumbing.
Is this a problem with the taps, tap design.
What can be done to improve the flow?

Sponsored Links
it is the taps
they are designed for mains pressure not gravity. which your hot is.
most quarter turn or cartridge taps are for mains pressure. 1bar upwards your hot pressure is probably only about 0.2 bar.

change the taps or put the hot onto a pump to give it more pressure.

Thanks for the reply.
What sort of pump would I need?
Would it be the same as for a power shower?
Can you suggest one?

Sponsored Links
Interesting topic as I have the same problem with the new mixer tap in the kitchen. Had a mixer tap before but very dated so decided to update and now we've got very weak hot water flow...

Is there a pump someone can recommend as all the pumps I've found so far appear to be central heating pumps? Also should this pump be fitted to just the one tap as it's only this one that causes a problem.

I'm using flexi hose at the moment as well due to the awkward angles involved, but perhaps I'm better using as much 15mm as I can?

Any recommendations greatly appreciated!

Thanks! :)

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back