Ravenheat LS80 Flame lights for seconds then cuts out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Looking for grateful advice. Purchased a LS80 three years ago from B&Q, just out of warranty. Having some problems. The boiler ignites for approx 30 seconds then cuts out. Orange light appears. Have replaced DHW/CH sensors and bought new main PCB. Still have same problem. Called out a CORGI registered plumber who spent hours testing but could not find out problem. Rang Ravenheat who will not speak to us. Has anyone experienced this problem and could tell us what it may be. Would be really grateful, weather getting colder and kids moaning about no heat or hot water.
Thanks
Amanda

Sponsored Links
The LS80 is an awful boiler put together to be cheap above all. The problem you describe might be related to the flame detection system. Have you tried replacing the sensor and lead? Having said that I'd think about replacing the boiler completely if I was you.

You seem to prefer to buy new parts rather than invest in a competent engineer who will offer a no-fix no-fee charging basis.

I am not sure if your orange light is just flame detection failure or includes overheat as well.

If it is a flame failure then that might be a flue/fan/aps fault but those should be dealt with by a competent CORGI.

It all depends on the thermal situation. My initial assessment might be that the heat is not flowing out and its turning off because its hot enough. However in that case it would come back on again after 10-20 minutes when it cools. But not if the orange is a hard lockout for overheat.

We cannot tell you whats wrong as that takes testing the boiler on site.

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back