ideal isar m30100 electrical fault ?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, i have one of these boilers installed in my flat. its just over 5 years old i belive. recieved a call from my tennant this eve saying that it blew the 3A fused spur this morning and did it again when this was replaced. am heading over there tomorrow to take a look.
i think he said the heating was on at the time and it only did it when the hot tap was turned on.
any ideas to point me in the right direction would be a great help !
cheers

Sponsored Links
Fans are notorious on these for blowing the 3 amp fuse, but as a landlord you should be leaving any faults to a corgi :eek:

Thanks for that dave. i will get someone corgi in to do the work just like to have a rough idea of whats going on so i hopefully wont get ripped off.
if it is the fan is it likely to be costly ? are they just bad design or does something cause them to go ??
cheers
ben

My own experience of these is that it is usually the control box but it is important to check all the component resistances to make sure they are not causing the box to fail. But the answer is yes pretty expensive whatever.

Sponsored Links
Could be cheaper to try and get Ideal out on a fixed price repair. At least they will have all the parts on the van to chuck at it :eek:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back