Treat Lawn at this time of year?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have been having my lawn treated by one of those "professional" services who promise a nice green, weed free lawn. I'm not overly impressed with the results and yesterday they phoned to say that they want to come round and apply a fertiliser. Now I'm no expert but I would have thought that applying any kind of fertiliser at this time of year would be a waste of time.

What do you think?

Sponsored Links
Nothing wrong with an Autumn feed, ratios are adjusted depending on the season, Phosphate and Potash are beneficial now.

It's relatively straight forward to maintain a healthy lawn without the need to pay someone else to do it. Have you thought about doing it yourself? How long have they been tending your lawn? What have they done so far?

It's very important to feed your lawn at this time of year to help it survive the rigours of winter.

I understand about autumn feeds, but you only feed when its growing, depending on where you live is it still growing?

Sponsored Links
it grows all year round, just grows slower in winter

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back