bleed valve

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
in our loft we have two small modern radiators.
With the weather today being cold I went to check them for air etc.
Instead of the bare valve there are plastic thumb valves with a hole in them to let air/water out.

However, despite turning them quite a bit I\\\'m getting no air or water coming out.
There is what looks like a slotted brass rod in the middle of the plastic valve which could have been moved by engineer during the annual boiler inspection, but I used to use just the plastic valves before.

Now I'm not sure if I've left them open or closed, but there is definately nothing coming out. :?:

Sponsored Links
Try a screwdriver n the slot in the brass rod...

The slotted 'rod' sounds like the air bleed nipple its self. Does a radiator key fit over this? If not try turning in with a flat screwdriver to bleed the rads.

If no air or water comes out check (if you have one) that there is water in the expansion tank, or check the pressure gauge on your boiler or system is reading just over 1 Bar.

Thanks

Whats the the thing with the hole then ?

Sponsored Links
Just something to guide the water jet.
COuld have been tight on the screw when it was new.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back