Hansgrohe Bath/Shower Mixer??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Guys,

So i've moved into a new coverted farm house which very neatly has an ensuite - lovely i hear you cry...although there is no shower in the main bathroom...drama i know.

I have a plan which hopefully will not require too much work...can i get a shower/bath mixer. As a new build i suspect that there is a combi boiler in play.

I have seen this set in Hansgrohes ebay shop...Bath/Shower Mixer

How much work will be required, will i then need a pump or anything similar, i know ill need a shower head and rail but apart from that, is there anything else or is that it?

Cheers in advance :D

Links in this post may contain affiliate links for which DIYnot may be compensated.
Sponsored Links
the only work involved is to remove existing taps and fit this in their place.

make sure you check your hole centres first.

you can't fit a pump if you have a combi, you'll already have mains pressure. ;)

the only work involved is to remove existing taps and fit this in their place.

make sure you check your hole centres first.

you can't fit a pump if you have a combi, you'll already have mains pressure. ;)

Well thats turned out better than i thought :D

Am i right in thinking that hansgrohe are a good brand? In the place im in now all the taps etc are hansgrohe and seem rather good to me. As its in the main bathroom and only going to be used by guests really every now and again i wanted something that involved minimal work but worked relatively well.

Is it a go-er then?

I know double posting is a no no in most forums, but i think its worth a chuckle in this case :D

Thank you to the kind person above for their help however i have to admit i have made a royal cock up :LOL:

Bath/Shower mixers are probably a good idea if you can actually put the shower head above them, have a look at the pic of the bathroom and see where i went wrong. :rolleyes:

Something tells me there is going to be a need for a shower to be installed at the other end, haha!

bathroomsy8.jpg

So what are my cost effective options now?

Sponsored Links
You could fix a shower rail on the wall beside the window. It wouldn't be centred of course, and you'd need to extend the tiling upwards, but it should function fine. The window frame looks like it might be PVC, so no water problems there if you seal around the edges.

have you a pic of the other end, and what backs on to the end of the bath, is their a cupboard or another room etc ?

Its not another room, its just a wall, which is fully tiled probably for people who would want a shower at that end :D On the other side of the wall ther is nothing, just open space above the stairwell as per my pic in the (FLOORS) section.

I think i just liked the idea of the mixer taps,haha!

Would it be difficult to run the plumbing to that end?

You could fix a shower rail on the wall beside the window. It wouldn't be centred of course, and you'd need to extend the tiling upwards, but it should function fine. The window frame looks like it might be PVC, so no water problems there if you seal around the edges.

I dont know about you but i think that could start to look a little messy in all honesty :confused:

putting shower in corner will look to cramped in.

can you bring a hot & cold from the ceiling at all and have an exposed shower valve.

putting shower in corner will look to cramped in.

can you bring a hot & cold from the ceiling at all and have an exposed shower valve.

I wouldnt have a clue what you mean :D

I looked last time i visited though and at the end of the bath that you cant see on the above pic the wall is fully tiled. It also has a ridge that sticks out from the wall and meets the bath (as per below pic). Could it be that when the conversion was done that they left something under this ridge to connect a shower to? Or is that too much of a good idea?

If not what is the ridge for?

tapspv3.gif

a tiled section at the end of a bath is common as baths come in a standard lengths and the wall is more likely a few inchs longer.
so you do a tiled infill section.

you have an easy solution if you want a exposed mixer without channeling the wall and you have a combi boiler.

remove you bath panel tee hot/cold of your bath taps run under bath to rear, mount you mixer run two chrome pipe down to tiled section, drill two pipe hole through tiled section and join to existng hot/cold feed under bath.

then you have a shower and not disturbed your tiles.

a tiled section at the end of a bath is common as baths come in a standard lengths and the wall is more likely a few inchs longer.
so you do a tiled infill section..

But the bath and the wall meet perfectly this tiled section is just like a little extra, seems strange. But i see the logic.

you have an easy solution if you want a exposed mixer without channeling the wall and you have a combi boiler.

I have a combi boiler so thats a good start.

remove you bath panel tee hot/cold of your bath taps run under bath to rear, mount you mixer run two chrome pipe down to tiled section, drill two pipe hole through tiled section and join to existng hot/cold feed under bath.

then you have a shower and not disturbed your tiles

Tee? It sounds like a plan and doesnt seem that hard.

1. Will taking a feed off the existing taps be a hard job and what will i need?

Im ok with the drilling, fitting showerhead etc etc.

I think im going to have to find just a bar mixer now as i dont really need another set of taps :D Any recommended? I will have to disturb the tiles then wont i?

The only other way is to have the tap/shower mixer at the end that the taps are at now and the shower head at the other, but that means going to the other end of the bath should you want to change the temp or pressure :confused:

Ideally i need a bar mixer that mounts like the tap/shower mixer...oh the tradegy!!

i would go the solder way my self with fitting but you can always ust compression fittings to tee off the tap feeds.

bar mixer you mount on two of these.

http://www.screwfix.com/app/sfd/cat...productId=51437&imageNo=null&ts=26288[/QUOTE]

By putting a bar mixer in though wouldnt i need to disturb the tiles? Ideally i want to work as much as i can with the ridges section dont i, can i fit the bar miser onto the top of the ridged section? If i put it on the front of it when you lie back in the bath youll be gitting you head on it :LOL:

no you can't fit it to the top of the ridge.
screw the two fittings on the wall about chest height.
screw bar mixer on fittings.
run two chrome pipes from fittings down through two hole in the ridge and join pipe work under bath.
pipes will only be about 15mm off wall surface.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back