BAXI boiler and pilot light issues

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all, sorry if thus has been asked before

I have a baxi boiler which is over 5yrs old. About 8mths ago the pilot light went out and wouldnt light again. I replaced the thermocouple and it eventually stayed lit for a few months. 4 wks ago it happened again, replaced thermocouple and it stayed lit for a few days now nothing.

it sems to me that the boiler works, the thermocouple works but whatever links the tc to the boiler (whatever interprets what the thermoc is registering) is faulty.

is is this something i can fix? i am not corgi registered. is it something that can be fixed or do i need a whole new boiler?

i am a bit worried that i will be told that i need a new boiler when i dont really need one.

cheers ANDY

Sponsored Links
Ok, but you've got to the point where it could be a few things causing the problem and you'd probably be best getting someone in. No you don't need a new boiler for that, any more than you'd need a new car if it didn't start!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back