tile

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I have a neighbor who does tiling on the side, and is willing to do my house for a small fee. We estimated the following
Kitchen: 220 sq'
bath 1= 42
bath 2= 36
foyer: 20
estimate total =318
We figured in a tile costing 1.75 and a total cost of $800. Am I getting a deal, or should I get more estimates?

Sponsored Links
Depends how good he is. Do it wrong and you will have a permanent reminder of your mistake.
Make sure he will position tiles to be symmetrical in width at both ends of a wall. And think how window will look if tile widths are widely different around it.
Are you going to use coloured or white grouting? See so many things need to be discussed and agreed on. What comeback have you got if gets tiles uneven? Although I have tiled smaller areas, I only use a tiler whose main job is tiling. They are neat, fast and accurate. Worth every penny.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back