Baxi Combi 105 HE Hot Water Problem

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi all,

I have a baxi Combi 105 HE which has developed a fault in that when you demand hot water in the bathroom a fault light is shown. The fault light indicates that there is a problem with Air Pressure or something of this nature. However im not convinced as when i open the tap on the Kitchen sink all works fine. The problem is only in the bathroom. I have noticed that there is more pressure in the kitchen tap. I have searched the forum and most of them seem to indicate a problem with the diaphragm. Has anyone had this problem and is the diaphragm the first thing to check/replace

Thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Check operation of the diaphragm - remove clip holding switch housing on top so you can see the pin move in and out.

Thats rather odd!

The boiler does not know where the water is going to!

The only difference is the water flow rate. But the same flow could be set on the kitchen tap.

Why not set the kitchen tap to the same flow rate as the bathroom and tell us what happens then.

Tony

Hi,

Will check operation of the diaphragm and replace if necessary. Is it a simple task to check?

I don't think i need to perform any adjustments as its been working fine for over two years!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I am having the same problem again. Central heating works fine but not hot water both in the the kitchen or bathroom. The only way i get hot water is to turn the central heating on first. I changed the diaphragm about 3 months ago and that seemed to resolve the issue at the time. Any ideas what the problem could be?

Thanks in advance

Regards

Hi,

Thanks for the response. Is it an easy replacement similar to changing the diaphragm?

Regards

Hi,

I have replaced the assembly complete. Prt No. 248063 which has made a slight improvement in that water gets hot but after a long while. The fault light which indicates a fault on fan or flue comes on and then a few minutes later the burners ignite and I get hot water. I have also noticed that its the same for CH, I turn the CH on and after a few minutes the fault light indicating a fault on fan or flue light is displayed, within minutes the error light disapears and the burners ignite and I get CH. Any ideas as to what might be causing this

Thanks in advance

Regards

I also removed the clip holding switch housing on top and can see the pin move in and out.

the fault lights are only showing a fault if they are flashing, otherwise they are a guide to temperature.

Hi,

Thanks for the response. The fault light flashes and isnt continuously on.

I turn on the hot tap and within 30 seconds the fault light starts flashing, about 30 seconds later the burner tries to ignite but goes off, this happens about 8 times and then finally the burner ignites and stays on and I get hot water. The same happens when I turn on CH. Looking at other posts indicates a problem with the PCB. Can someone confirm this please?

Does the burner light and stay lit for about 10 seconds?

Hi,

The bruner light come on but only stays on for about 5 seconds. It does this about 6 times and then stays on for a while and then the flue fault light comes on and then the process starts again

I dont know if this is related to the problem but my external gutter has been leaking near the boiler flue. Rain water may have entered the flue

Hi all,

Checked the external flue which seems to be broken as the insert moves freely and easitly pulls out. Would this cause the burner to ignite and go off and for this to repeat. I do get hot water and CH but this process can go on for a while. Also, will the flue just push in or is there something that needs to be checked from within the boiler.

I think the flue broke a few days ago as a noticed a large metal sheet in the garden, what looks to have happened is that the large sheet of metal hit the flue before it landed on the floor.

Any help would really be appreciated

Thanks in advance

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back