soil pipe connection

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
How do I fit a new soil connection to an internal, vertical and rigidly fixed existing soil pipe?

Sponsored Links
That sir would depend on local codes.

Some areas require bell and spigot where you have to use a hub joint with lead and oakum, other will allow the use of a mission coupling that will adapt from extra heavy cast iron to no hub CI

The key is to make sure the pipe is properly supported prior to cuttng

Sylvan Tieger, sorry mate, but i dont think the op cares anymore, he only posted that in 2007

Some areas require bell and spigot where you have to use a hub joint with lead and oakum, other will allow the use of a mission coupling that will adapt from extra heavy cast iron to no hub CI
Why are you such a complete berk?

Sponsored Links
Sylvan Tieger, sorry mate, but i dont think the op cares anymore, he only posted that in 2007

Thank you Breezer better late then never.

Thank you for letting me the problem was taken care of properly

How do I fit a new soil connection to an internal, vertical and rigidly fixed existing soil pipe?

Coupling? if it`s cast you can fit a cast soil to plastic adaptor.then again you have probably diied by now. Bit like the Mods.

Coupling? if it`s cast you can fit a cast soil to plastic adaptor.

Yes as there are the following

1- Extra heavy cast iron pipe and fitting, Bell and spigot

2- Standard weight cast iron Bell and spigot

3- No Hub
where mechanical clamps are used

Transition couplings with a stainless steel band totally covers the rubber sleeve

http://www.missionrubber.com/Products/HeavyWeightCouplings.php

When working in a building over 130 years old it is not uncommon to find the origional XHCI in perfect condition so when connecting to an 8" diameter line it is cost effective to tie in a WYE fitting

There is also a stronger coupling torque to 120 in pounds but 80 will handle high head pressures in case of a stoppage

The outside diameter of plastic pipe would be the same as galvanized steel or NO HUB CI
Thank you for asking as some bloke said this post was long over and I guess people still tread here

Just takes one post to get some lively discussion thanks again for asking

Rspectifully, SylvanLMP/ LMFSPC /LMGF/LMD/LMSF

Hi Mate, I guess what you thought was wrong its ok even a broken clock is right twice a day.

By the way mate I would be "honoured" honored to have you as a friend as I do like your humour (humor)

[quote="Sylvan Tieger";p="952516

By the way mate I would be "honoured" honored to have you as a friend as I do like your humour (humor)

I don`t think so, he`s already my friend & if you try to take him i will hurt you... :mad:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back