DWF50P HOTPOINT, NOT PUMPING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi folks, got problems with the above model not pumping out "uphill".
It drains fine when you unplumb it and run pipe out the door at ground level, it just doesn't pump out going into it's usual drain outlet. Everything is in accordance with installation instructions, it's worked fine for 5 years where it is?

Is the pump on its way out?

At present instead of pumping it just buzzes quietly and puts two error lights on to say its broken, useful as that is the tank full of dirty water kind of gives that fact away!

Thanks, Steve.

Sponsored Links
When you lower the hose is it draining through gravity or is it actually being pumped out?
If it's trying to pump and just making a buzzing noise then it's more likely to be something jammed in the pump.

I have same problem on my Hotpoint WD61. I checked all outlet pipes and there were no blockages. I found that it would work once or twice after emptying the machine by lowering the outlet drain pipe.

I assumed it was the pump, as it was making a humming/buzzing sound when it was trying to pump the water out. So i got a replacement and it worked fine the first time. The second wash was a failure. The water stayed in the machine :(

any help on this topic would be greatly appreciated by me and Steve. As it seems we have the very same problem.

EDIT

Solved the problem. After looking around in various forums i found that the outlet pipe needs to raise 18mm - 40mm for every meter. So i went back to my machine and used cable ties to give the first foot of pipe a steady incline. This solved the problem.

Obviously the pump isnt strong enough to pump the water straight up and out into the stand pipe.

Solved the problem. After looking around in various forums i found that the outlet pipe needs to raise 18mm - 40mm for every meter. So i went back to my machine and used cable ties to give the first foot of pipe a steady incline. This solved the problem.

Obviously the pump isnt strong enough to pump the water straight up and out into the stand pipe.
Once again, this is erroneous information. That gradient refers to the FIXED PIPEWORK leading water away from the standpipe!!!

Giving the first foot of pipework a steady incline will not help at all - its still got to pump the same height! :rolleyes:

CLEAN YOUR FILTER!

Sponsored Links
Hi,

I have this model and have had this problem also. It is easily cured by removing the pump unit from under the dishwasher and you will probably find a piece of something is trapped inside between the impeller and the body. My problem has been very small pieces of bone from a plate. It doesn't take much. this has happened twice now and each time it has resolved the problem.

Good luck, it is a really easy operation to fix it!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back