Baxi 105e condensing flue fault??

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
went to look at a problem with the above boiler, problem is as follows.

Boiler was installed by corgi reg installer,
apparentley boiler run ok for a 6 months,it has a vertical flue about 3 metre's look's ok but was a bit dark to see roof terminal.

boiler fires ok then after about 10 seconds flame looks like it is being starved of gas and looks like it is being pulled away and upwards, loss of signal and lockout.

Lady got Baxi back under warranty and they say problem is with installation and flue, apparentley they never went in loft.

got installer back and he says there is nothing wrong with flue, she said she would contact corgi and he said no problem, but installation does look ok without checking anything.

so now neither installer or baxi are interested and boiler is out of warranty, can the inners of the flue come apart.

thanks in advance

Sponsored Links
Only one way to find out.
Are YOU Corgi registered?

I know what id be doing but you would probably need two people.

yes i'm corgi reg i was thinking of stripping flue to check it but was a bit to dark to go on a roof, please inform of your idea thanks

Sponsored Links
Baxi supply silicone grease with there flue pipes now but it is just to slippy and have found if you use it the rubber sealing rings jump out of place and don`t seal.
Also inner (outlet) pipes are a bit on the neat side as they go into the flue terminal adaptor

Both could be causing mixing of products and inlet air

And if they have put top of flue terminal on the floor to push on flue adaptor they could damage the spacing clips as they are plastic

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back