Worcester Bosch 24i junior clanging noise on CH mode

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Have the standard Worcester Bosch 24i junior (about 4 years old). Both the DHW and CH been working fine for the last 4 weeks or so but yesterday when i put the central heating on it made a very loud clanging noise as if stones where being churned in the boiler itself. It then switches off. Have restarted it both from mains and the reset button but still get the same noise and problem. Hot water seems to be working perfectly fine. I have bled the rads and also drained the boiler and re filled it back up to 2 bar to see if it corrects the problem - but this hasn't solved the fault/problem.

I would appeciate any suggestions on what it could be and course of remedy.

Cheers
Sam

Sponsored Links
Check to see if pump is turning!

See FAQ on this site.

Tony

(Thanks for replying Tony)

Anyone else had this problem or can offer an insight as to what it may be?

(Is this boiler still available as ive just had the kitchen done up with a bespoke housing for this boiler. Or any suggestions for something of similar dimensions.)

Thanks!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back