fabric conditioner

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The fabric conditioner does not drain from the draw after full washing cycle is completed. I have a Bosch Max washer.

Sponsored Links
pull out the drawer and scrub it in hot water. open the cover on the fabsoft compartment, observe how the tubes fit into each other so you reassemble it correctly when clean. also scrub out the slot that the drawer slides into, especially in the holes in the top that the water comes out of (a stiff nylon washing up brush or toothbrush).

do this cleaning at least once a month to prevent it being clogged. you can use a kitchen-cleaning spray that attacks soap and scale deposits, after you have scrubbed out the loose sludge. If there is black mildew in there you can spray it with kitchen cleaner with bleach.

If that doesn't work, open the drawer during the fabsoft cycle and see if water is squirting through the holes. the electric valve might have failed.

Very common problem on Bosch. 99% of the time the top of the dispenser has become blocked. Removal of the top of the dispenser and a good clean out or replacement of the top is the cure.
Not so common would be failure of the 2nd inlet valve (both valves open to direct the water to the conditioner compartment).

I'm sorry, but how does one remove the top of the dispenser to give it a clean?

Sponsored Links
hiya all 1st time here!

i have the same problem with an indesit wp 144 sp.
fabric softener doesnt drain and from wot i can see it may b clogged where the water comes in at the top.

any ideas how i can fix this myself?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back