Vokera Linea 24 Hot Water Fault

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Just inherited a Vokera linea 24 combi set up. The Radiators are working a treat Plenty of heat at #3 setting. The hot water does not heat up to my standard. Easy to put you bare skin under the running tap. The temp at the boiler unit shows 60 - 75 when running the hot water tap but doesnt deliver this ever. I have read about a blockage in the motorised value but dont know how to locate it as I have no diagrams. Is it possible the cold water pressure too high and is denying the flow of water from reaching the temperature I should expect? Baffled! :confused:

Sponsored Links
Is it possible the cold water pressure too high and is denying the flow of water from reaching the temperature I should expect?

the temp you DO expect, perhaps!

Restrict the flow to about 8 litres/minute. It should then be "washing up" hot. More water, lower temp.
But it is probably a bit scaled up, (cos all combis are ;) ), which can be cleaned.

Thanks ChrisR for the prompt advice I'll drop the pressure and see what the result is before attempting a cleaning process :D

Sponsored Links
Indeed ChrisR. The stopcock is at the front of the house ... this ties in neatly with my need to change a tap on the kitchen sink (this weekend) I'll need to switch off the rising main to disconnect the sink tap etc. And then restore it to a decent pressure for both the sink and the boiler. Does anyone else have this much fun planned this weekend? :p

If boiler is showing 65-70 during hot water and you can hold your hand under the tap following are a possibilty.

1) You have very thick skin on limb that you hold under hot water
2) Sensor is defective (cannot see this happening as self check would pick that up)
3) You are confusing CH temperature with HW temperature. During HW mode, display will is always less than 70 degrees.
4) Gas line is undersized.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back