woodchip

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Basically I have a large hall and very high stairwell covered with the dreaded wood chip that has been painted many times over the last 30 years.

To make matters worst the walls are poor quality lattice plaster and if I attempt to remove the wood chip then the walls will then basically require being re-plastered. (This is something I want to avoid)

Therefore has anyone used Graham & Brown 13130 Wall Doctor Wood chip Cover Paper or similar Wall Doctor Paper?

I don’t expect it to be 100% perfect but at the same time I don’t want waste money on a product if it is useless.

Any assistance is appreciated.

Sponsored Links
I dont rate graham and brown stuff..if had grief with it in the past.

You could have adhesion problems sticking over the paint too.

Personally id bite the bullet and strip the walls

Try and get it off, if your using a steamer, then dont hold it in the one place too long, as it can 'pop'/'blow' the plaster underneath.
If the woodchip as painted in a matt paint, then it will be easier to come off using very hot soapy water, score the paper in big crisscrosses all the way down, and WHACK the soapy water onto the wall.
(Zampa, apply doesnt work in this case) :p

I havent used G&B paper for a few years, but I have always got on well with it, of course if you buy the cheaper paper its not very good, like all cheap papers, but I have never had any probs with it.

and WHACK the soapy water onto the wall

No, i'll give you that one...(when it comes to water I normally say 'sling'!!.. :)

The biggest problem I have with their paper is the blown vinyls..the first three foot (914mm :rolleyes: ) is always flatter than the rest...and they, like a lot of other blown vinyls often have the releif on one side of the paper flatter than the other.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back