Question about Automatic Air Vent on Baxi HE133 Plus

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

I've recently carried out a repair on a Baxi HE133Plus boiler(combi) which involved a drain down. I followed the instructions to open all vents etc for drain down but I am not sure at what level of opening the Automatic Air Vent should be at? The boiler filled ok with no problems and I have good pressure although it fluctuates from time to time even with a radiator bleed (no air at all present in the rads)

The boiler has been working fine since the repair (over a month ago now) but I have been wondering about the air vent. The vent iteselt has a small plastic cap on it. Should this be screwed tighly closed or loose? If I loosen it, a small drip appears from the valve but then stops.

Can anyon advise please?

Anth

Sponsored Links
Open it a turn or two. If it leaks much replace it.
If your pressure varies by more than about 0.5 bar see faq - pressure p's.

Open it a turn or two. If it leaks much replace it.
If your pressure varies by more than about 0.5 bar see faq - pressure p's.

I need to replace my auto air valve cap on my Baxi 133 HE plus. The black plastic cap.

Can I get this on it's own for a few pence and if so where from. I am currently being told that I have to buy the whole auto air vent unit for £16. Thanks

Sponsored Links
It may well be the same as a dust cap from your car. Give it a try.
The cap is meant to be loose. If yours is leaking then replace the valve.

Thanks. The existing one is like a dust cap but it has a small hole formed on the side near the top. I'll try my car one.

It is leaking but would have thought that if a replacement one was left loose then it would keep leaking??

Thanks. The existing one is like a dust cap but it has a small hole formed on the side near the top. I'll try my car one.

It is leaking but would have thought that if a replacement one was left loose then it would keep leaking??

it's an auto air vent if you screw the cap down it can't auto air vent, so really then it's pointless having it there

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back