Clicking Noise On Potterton Profile 30e

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hey there. Got a Potterton NetaHeater Profile 30e Boiler which makes a repeated clicking noise when trying to fire up. Pilot comes on then clicking starts. Boiler fires up but then keeps clicking and then switches off.

I think its the wiring loom at the front, but I dont know what thats called to get a replacment.

ANY HELP GRATEFULLY Received!!

Sponsored Links
its more likely to be the printed circuit board

never had a problem with the loom, what gave you the impression it could be? what tests did you do to think that?

its more likely to be the printed circuit board

never had a problem with the loom, what gave you the impression it could be? what tests did you do to think that?

I've had everything looked at and the plumber is dumbfounded. He replaced loads of stuff and didnt charge me as he couldnt stop it (nice guy)

You can make it click by moving the loom. Like jump starting a car. Evertime you touch the cables it clicks like hell.

On onther forum someone else had the same thing and it turned out the wires had broken due to heat, and the spark was jumping the gap in cable and causing the fault. If I hold the cable it stops.

then it sounds like you need a ignition cable, parts center do some nice generic ones that fit

:)

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back