Vaillant ecoTEC leaking loads of water!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi All,

I'm hoping someone has seen this problem before...

I've a new Vaillant ecoTEC installed a couple of months ago. All seems to be working well, but recently I turned up the temp from 54C to 62C and I cant remember if it was that night or the night after that I saw the water all over the floor.

This is the 2nd time this has happened. First time I had fed a little water into the system as i thought there was a pressure drop according to the indicator on the boiler (I had a slow leaking rad at the time - now fixed!)

There's no loss of pressure according to the boiler indicator even after the water has leaked out.

Toying with the theory that this could be a result of condensate but it is a lot of water...

Any advice greatly appreciated.

With thanks,
banman

Sponsored Links
well if it is condensate then it should not be leaking on the floor! but pipe to an appropriate place.

is the pressure relief valve piped to the outside? if not it should be and you may have a problem with the expansion vessel

If it is condensate then this could be quite alot as can produce anythinh up to around 2-4 litres/hour and this is dicharged in gushes by the syphon.

If the boiler is not losing system pressure then I doubt if it is the prv.

Banman, I know nothing about boilers, but just in case - when you let in more water because of the pressure drop, did you check the pressure in the dial on the right hand side after you'd done so? I mention this only because you might have created too much pressure, as indicated by the dial going into the red. (I did this myself which is the only reason I know about it :oops: )

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back