Potterton Combi 100 - lockout problems- help!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I've inherited a potterton combi 100 after moving into my house and has been continually locking out. The first signs are banging pipes through the house. When looking at the boiler, the pressure rises past 2 bar followed by a lot of hissing and spluttering from the boiler and the red lockout light coming on.

Had a corgi eng out and initially found a poorly soldered joint on the pcb which was re-soldered. Following day however, same thing...banging pipes, spluttering boiler followed by lockout.

After being called out again, the corgi eng switched CH off and ran HW, boiler was firing and ramping up and down as he described it. He thinks problem occurs when CH is on. He checked pump and flow switch which were ok. Has advised that pcb and heating thermistor need replacing - due to overheating problem.

Before forking out, I was hoping someone could verify the advice I've been given please.

Thanks.

Sponsored Links
could be either the pump or the diverter valve

how is the hot water?

Hot water is piping hot. Though have noticed that if left running for a while, or when the shower is used, can hear the start of banging & clatering of pipes, which stops when the hot water is turned off.

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back