How to fit a room thermostat to a Ferroli Combi boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
We have recently moved into our flat that has a Ferroli Combi boiler (with separate digital timer) however no room thermostat. Any suggestions on what room thermostat to install and is this an easy process?

Many thanks

Sponsored Links
Unless you want to be running cables all over the place i would suggest going wireless. Drayton RF1 should do the trick.

yup. pretty much. 2 srcrews for the transmitter 2 for the receiver, a mains cable into receiver (normally from the system live supply) and cable from receiver to boiler. Normally done within the hour.

Sponsored Links
Because if its a separate timer i can put money on it being sited as close to the boiler as possible which is going to mean its in the kitchen or in a compartment of some sort. (am i right mullins?) If you were to replace this with a thermostat unit it will not be in the correct place for optimum temperature sensing so you will still need to use a wireless programmable thermostat to overcome this thus increasing the overall cost.

If we are getting pedantic though, it is worth mentioning that the transmitter should not be sited in a room where the radiator has a TRV fitted so as to conform to building regs part L 2004. This "should" increase system efficiency but in all honesty its not going to be noticeable.

Correct! Directly under the boiler, in fact :D

Thanks for the advice - will try my hand at it and let you know how I get on.

Cheers

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back