indesit washing machine wont drain

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
can someone please help me?? i have an indesit washing machine and it wont drain water.When it is the time to drain all the lights on the machine come on an nothing happens.Can someone please help me as it has been two weeks now without a machine lol

Sponsored Links
If there is a filter on the front (behind the kick plate), remove it to clean it out. (lot of towels required as there will be a lot of water to come out if the drum is full).
If no filter then there's likely to be something jamming the pump and that would have to be stripped out to clear it.

there is a kick plate but i cant get it off..can u tel me how to get it off plz??

ok sorry i got the kickplate off an now takin the filter out there is water coming out aswell.. wat do i do now that i have the filter out??thnx

Sponsored Links
i got the pump out an there was around 6 or 7 womens hair clips in it would this affect the drain of the water and should i try it again??

thank you very much i got it workin after i took all the crap from the filter now its saweet again tyvm..clean clothes are a blessing lol

hi! can you tell me how can i just turn it?n i take the filter out? can i just turn it?it's very hard and don't turn.thx

hey there im having the same problem but i do not know what a kick plate is please help me ?? xxx :D

kick strip is at the bottom on the front of machine it unclips.

clips are on the edge.

Note 1: Biggest culprit ... hair clips, cocktail sticks and coins.

Note 2:You might want to put some newspaper / rags on the floor as this will be messy.

1. To remove kick panel - tip machine back so you can see underneath and use a flat head screwdriver to praise off the panel

2. Use a pliers to unscrew filter cap (anti clockwise).... With the cap off you will see the insert that is designed to catch and hold debris.

3. Squeeze the Insert arms together and remove to wash and clean.

4. Clean our the filter chamber before first replacing the insert and then the cap.

5. As this will probably be the first time you have cleaned the filter .... put a wash through and repeat the filter cleaning process.

Note: you should probably clean the filter a couple of time a year ...

clips are on the edge.

Note 1: Biggest culprit ... hair clips, cocktail sticks and coins.

Note 2:You might want to put some newspaper / rags on the floor as this will be messy.

1. To remove kick panel - tip machine back so you can see underneath and use a flat head screwdriver to praise off the panel

2. Use a pliers to unscrew filter cap (anti clockwise).... With the cap off you will see the insert that is designed to catch and hold debris.

3. Squeeze the Insert arms together and remove to wash and clean.

4. Clean our the filter chamber before first replacing the insert and then the cap.

5. As this will probably be the first time you have cleaned the filter .... put a wash through and repeat the filter cleaning process.

Note: you should probably clean the filter a couple of time a year ...

Not sure if this is the right way to reply here but thankyou for your post, I got my machine working again and found that if I used a container and gently released the filter I could contain a lot of water but still needed loads of towels. I still have a problem though. When machine starts to drain/spin there is the most awful noise that would seem to be coming from the pipe attached to the filter. I know to unscrew the four screws on the filter but not sure what to do next?
Hope you can help once again
Thanks

Spin the drum by hand, could be something between drum and housing, do you hear or feel anything.

Do you mean drain pump when you say remove 4 screws?

Best bet is to remove drain pump and drum sump, clean and re-fit. Also checking the connecting pipes are clear from obstruction.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back