Whirlpool ADP972 green start light flashing

Sponsored Links
Count the flashes between pauses and then search for whirlpool and "x" flashes. If not answered before post the number of flashes here.

Thanks for your interest sleepyhead. Green start light flashes repeatedly with no pauses !!!

Sponsored Links
The machine we bought exactly 8 years ago. Had this flashing light a few times before , but could always clear it by holding the start button in for 5 seconds. It has been used daily and is very well looked after .I have tipped it on its side and took the cover plate off , every component looks like new ,nothing appears to be amiss !

Spent ages chasing problem, including all the helpful guidance; and still had sporadic flashing start light, erratic dishwashing, etc:

Solution was simple: Open the valve (located fairly near the motor) feeding the top spray arm. Inside the valve you will find the leaf spring is defunct, resulting in the diaphragm/flap floating loose. As the flap can 'close' or 'open' erratically/sporadically this is what causes incorrect top-tray dish-washing. Remove, and discard, the diaphragm/flap and leaf spring inside it. Reassemble and no further problems!

This solution will apply to all machines using this type of valve.
rogerlondon

Dear Rogerlondon, you are a genius and thank you for chasing the problem. Our whirlpool dishwasher ADP972 which is now 16 years old stopped working and all lights were flashing on and off. I had no idea what the problem was and googled the model number which brought me to this website and there was your solution. I followed exactly as advised, found that the paddle had dislodged and was loose from its mounting so removed it and reassembled. It started working immediately. Note a Torx T15 star shaped driver tip is needed to undo 2 x screws after turning dishwasher upsidedown. Remember to empty of water completely first. You might wonder what condition the dishwasher is in after such a long time but it's in really in good clean order even though it might be on its last legs. We rinse food off dishes before loading. The odd clip for the washing rotor broke but I did a McGyvor on it and used a plastic ratchet tie to secure it. So you have saved me several hundred quid for now as I don't have to go buy a new on which I suspect most people do when any machine breaks down. Happy and satisfied!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back