Tiling problem, advice needed guys

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Having done acres of tiling with no problem, I seem to have miscalculated the number of tiles needed for a job. The client bought from B&Q and B&Q no longer stock them.

Can anyone suggest a solution?

The tile in question is Canvas beige 250* 330 J297A and I need 3M

Sponsored Links
When you say 3M, I'm assuming you mean 3 square metre?

If so, I break it down in simple term

1.000m divided by .250mm = 4

1.000 divided by .330mm = 3.03

4 x 3.03 = 12.12 tiles per 1M/2

Appromiately 12 tiles per 1M/2

3M/2 x 12 = 36 tiles not including any breakage

Ask B&Q to give you the name of the supplier and contact them directly, they be able to tell you who else they supply.

Sponsored Links
B and Q are notorious for this. They get big batches of tiles sell em cheap for afew weeks and then never stock them again. my advice is to ring round as many other branches of b and q and see if they have them. Its got me out of trouble several times.

B and Q are notorious for this. They get big batches of tiles sell em cheap for afew weeks and then never stock them again. my advice is to ring round as many other branches of b and q and see if they have them. Its got me out of trouble several times.

why not just measure up properly in the first place?

surely if you can pay for a fancy website you can purchase a tape measure? ;)

i dont usually buy the tiles and i didnt pay for my website either. im off to find a decent forum

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back