Baxi Bermuda 401 Pilot Light Keeps Going Out

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
The pilot light has been going out every few days for the last 2 weeks but now its going out every day & the space between it going out seems to be getting shorter, i have checked this site & several others & i have come to the conclustion that the thermocouple is needing replaced which i am getting done tomorrow by a friend of mine who knows a lot more about gas fires than i do, I would like some other advice as to what could be wrong so i can get these changed at the same time as it seem silly to take the fire apart several times if i can do all the jobs at one time, Also if anyone could let me know what the procedure is for servicing the boiler or were i can download an instruction manual for the bermuda 401 that would be great.

Cheers ...... :)

Sponsored Links
Click THIS

Then navigate to

Catalog » Baxi » Back Boiler » Bermuda » Bermuda 401 (GC No. 4407749) » Installation Instructions » Bermuda 401

Some may not approve of me telling you that but you obviously ain't gonna fork out for a corgi, but at least if you have the right info you are less likely to make a mistake IMO.

Is it true what Billy Connolly says, that two Scotsmen arguing over a penny invented copper wire?

Sponsored Links
As my brother keeps telling me "EVERY PENNY IS A PRISONER" :D

I have replaced the thermocouple ( Well my friend did ) He has been in the plumbing game for longer than ive been alive & has fitted and serviced hundreds of boilers but as he did not want to spend the cash on becoming corgie registered he is happy to just work as a plumber, Even if the thermocouple has done the job im still going to get a corgie engineer in to inspect & service the fire & boiler, I would not trust anyone even a friend were it comes to the safety of my family & as my wife & daughter are at home a lot i dont think i would forgive myself if anything happened because i did not want to spend £100 on getting and engineer in, I have spent that much on a pair of tweeter's for my car sound system so i think i should spend that much on my family safety..... :D

Thanks for the advice & help.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back