Ravenheat HE120 Low nox error code

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My boiler has switched off a couple of times over the last 2 weeks and displays error 02

its a ravenheat he120 low nox coondensing combi

According to the manual this is : Anti cycling of the DAS (Evacuation of smoke)

what is this??? and any ideas on how to prevent it happening

thanks

Sponsored Links
How long ago was this fitted?

Was it fitted by a CORGI and did he use a flue gas analyser to commission the boiler?

Has CORGI sent you a certificate of Installation?

Tony

Hi,

Yeah was commissioned by a corgi registered installer,

i never recieved a certificate from corgi but the installer filled out an installation form and the boiler guarantee form with his details and registration number on it.

Sorry didnt answer all the quiestions

was fitted quite some sime ago now, about 15 months,

i dont know if he used a gas analser.. he has various tools for the gas supply and things.

the only thing iv'e done recently is added another tap in the kitchen (utility area), the first time the error message occured was after the first time i ran hot water through that tap...maybe coincidence...i don't know

Anhow what is DAS?

thanks

Sponsored Links
Just looked on Ravenheats website and in their user guides,error code 02
is 'Flue system obstruction' different to the (smoke evacuation)error in my manual.

Any ideas?

Will inspect the flue tonight for obstructions!!

Well Agile, he answered your questions NOW HELP HIM FFS!!!

checked the flu and no obvious ****e obstructing the exit

still looking for ideas

hasnt gone wrong again since sunday though

Any Ravenheat fitted since September 2005 by a Corgi installer has a three year guarantee.

Tel 0113 252 7007

There may be one thing that you can try:-
If your flue consists of a flue elbow and a straight outlet all I can suggest is that you shine a torch down the core of the flue to make sure it hasn't been cut too short and dropped down inside at the elbow. A mirror could be handy for this exercise.

I'm interested to know the outcome so please post back when you get to the bottom of it.

Its covered by the guarantee but if its an installer error with the flue the visit will probably be chargeable!

I am going with ARGI to Ravenheat tomorrow!

Slug, as this is presumably a premix band A without any APS, then how does it generate that error code?

Tony

Slug, as this is presumably a premix band A without any APS, then how does it generate that error code?

Apologies for quoting the MI's at you

SAFETY DEVICE
In both central heating and domestic hot
water mode safe operating is ensured by a
control board shuts off the main burner if the
fan stops or the flue or combustion air intake
duct is obstructed

I see no flue sensing device in the MI's and assume that it generates this code through a control board in the fan. I couldn't squeeze in to the course tomorrow but have booked the one on the 14th.

Theres not as many of these about as there are the atmospheric types and they haven't really started going wrong yet. I have only dealt with a couple of thermistor problems on these so far.

What flue system have you had fitted? How long is the flue? What direction is the flue pointing off the top of the boiler?

the flue system is the ravenheat plastic one that comes reccomended with boiler

it exits the top of the boiler with a 90 deg bend then straight through the exterior wall to with a big rubber gromit seal thing on the outside wall

overall lenghth is about 500-600mm

error 02 again tonight, first time since origional post 2 or 3 weeks ago.

looked in the flu and no obstructions, however some ice was forming as it's bol**ck freezing outside

any ideas why or what error 02 is

winter is arriving quickly and i dont wan't to be without heating, especially over xmas

should i be calling out an engineer or will he be scratching his head the same as you guys out there in cyberspace, i can ill afford a wasted call out charge at this time of year

thanks in anticipation

Only choose someone who will come on a no-fix no-fee basis.

Thats sorts out the men from the boys.

He will probably need to use his flue gas analyser so make sure he is bring one ( and really knows how to use it!

Tony

was fitted quite some sime ago now, about 15 months,

This should be covered by Ravenheats 3 year guarantee then. I wonder if this is the fan modulation board problem that gas4you was probably getting confused about on THIS post?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back