No Hot Water From The Bath Tap - Ariston Microgenus HE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Day no 1 with brand new boiler Ariston Microgenus HE 24 - Looks all good but when I run the bath water temperature plunge at about 25! I can't understand this. All the hot water taps run OK ie good supply of hot water. I initially thought the boiler couldn't cope with the bath tap flow (can the flow be different from one tap to another tho??) however nothing changes even if i reduce the flow - boiler still displayes 25C. I can't wait to speak to the fitter tomorrow, however if anyone would dare an explanation it would be very much appreciated! :D
Cheers

Sponsored Links
Has any plumbing in the house been changed, particularly the bath taps?

I once had this foreman telephone to complain the new boiler was not working.

I asked him if the gas was turned on, he replied yes! I then asked him to turn on the COLD tap! I could hear the boiler fire up and he was dumbfounded for about 10 seconds before he was able to ask how I knew what was wrong! Of course it was simple! The polish plumbers dont take much regard for which tap is which or what colour is on the top!

Tony

Plumber was in today and explained that bath tap is fed by larger pipe so when it's full open the boiler struggle to cope with it. I had before a cylinder and of course no problem with the hot water from the bath tap which was filling thw bath really in no time. The guy however adjusted the hot pressure after the boiler which fixed the problem. The bath takes now few minutes longer to fill but really not a problem and water id perfect temp. Plumber said that to restore the full flow i should replace the bath tap pipes to smaller ones (like the basin etc) which i will defo consider when i redo the bathroom.
On a different matter, is really ARISTON a crap brand for boilers? This boiler is of quite recent relelase apparently.
cheers

is really ARISTON a rubbish brand for boilers
Not particularly,
Make sure you have your Benchmark filled in though or they don't like honouring their guarantees.

Sponsored Links
Chris,
Can you pls explain this better for me? thanx

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back