Bosch exxcel dishwasher is not heating water

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi, I have just bought this dishwasher second hand.

I have never had one before, but read through the book and set all the things as I should.

I then ran the Quick 45 degree wash that started with 38 mins on the timer, 1 hour and 10 mins later and still showing 13 mins I canceled the program, mainly due to knockin pipe!!!!!!

But when I opened the door, everything was stone cold!!

Any thoughts please?

Sponsored Links
And there is a small amount of water on the floor now!

I am unsure of my water pressure, I think we are quite high in our house, could this damage anything?

The pipe from the dishwasher goes straight to the blue water supply valve with no pressure reduced fitted!!

Our shower upstairs runs off a tap mixer, when just the hot water is on, it blasts the water out, if that gives a measure of water pressure in our house!

I have removed th top and both side panels and there is water in the plastic casting on the bottom of the machine!

Not much, but water in there.

When I tilted it to one side, it ****ed water all over the floor.

So whats the score?

Sponsored Links
If the water came out of the waste hose, a couple of pints, that's OK.

it won't be the water pressure.

you have a leak

might be round the pump

sounds like the heater element is also not working

(BTW, thank you for buying my faulty dishwasher off me and saving me the trouble of taking it to the tip :LOL:

So replacing the heater is not that hard by the looks of it?

£65 in parts by what I can see?

This has been in transit a few times, can they leak water when tipped over even when working correctly, ie, water in machine that it cannot completely drain after each cycle?

I paid £50 for it, which I though was a steal, lol. The old guy is genuine and has said he will refund me.

The water never came from the waste pipe! It ****ed out the side when tipped over!

might not be the heater, i don't know :(

If you lie the waste pipe down on the floor, with the machine upright, it will drain out all the water from the sump inside the cabinet.

from what you say, it sounds like there was water in the drip tray underneath the cabinet, which should have (depending on model) a float switch to cut power if it detects a leak.

Sorry, I don't know how to tell what is the fault on yours, unless it's something obvious like the pump leaking, or a hose being loose :(

I am not a repairman, but have tinkered with my own Bosch dishwashers on occasion :oops:

If you tip it on it's side then any water in the machine or in the water matrix will run out.
Not heating, element, stats, or pcb at fault. Common fault is a dry/burned joint on the pcb at the heater relay. Can sometimes be cured by resoldering the joint.
Knocking pipes, can be caused by a faulty inlet valve on the machine.

After tipping the machine on its side, water came out.

Next morning, its now heating up and working a treat!!!!

I will moniter it for water leakage.

So is it normal for it to leak water if tipped over to a side?

And how should I drain any water that may still be left in the base plate?

Knocking pipes were in our house and now thats stopped too!

Cheers

if it was the drip collecting dish, it ought to be empty. It is provided so that the power can be cut (for safety) in the event of a leak. Search for the leaking part and fix it.

On mine, if you lower the waste pipe to the floor, it drains the residual water from inside the cabinet.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back