W-B 24i RSF problem with mechanical timer

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi. Problem with mechanical timer on W-B 24i RSF boiler. It has 3 settings - o(off), Auto and I(perm on). The timer will only turn when in the perm position. I have looked at the timer and the contacts and mechanism looked fine. Then had brainwave. I set the timer on Auto and then put it in a position where the heating should be on ie where some of the little pegs where in a down position and lo and behold the timer turned round until it got to the position where it turned the heating off and then stopped turning. Conclusion - it's not the timer but the electrical conns to it. There are 2 wires - a blue and a grey (and also the brown live feed).

At present blue is conn to timer motor and grey for signal to boiler to start heating- little diags on back of timer.

Is it possible somebody has connected blue and grey wrong way round?

I have just bought the house and the heating was already installed.

Has anybody got wiring diag for the timer and/ or boiler or suggest where I can obtain this.

All help gratefully received.

Dave

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back