Radiator Concern

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am installing a small radiator on a lounge wall.
Where i want the radiator, i need to channel the wall out to hide the pipe work (Which is no problem) The problems comes when i have started the channel the wall, and i have suddenly found a Gas pipe in the wall (Ahh!) I was very lucky! Could anyone tell me if its ok the leave the Gas pipe in the wall, its approx 3 to 4mm behind plaster. would it then be ok to run the radiator pipes over the surface. Would the heat affect the Gas? I am using 10mm Micro-Bore.
Thanks
Rich.

Sponsored Links
I think you will find that current water/gas regulations say that no pipes should be buried in plaster/brickwork. Better to fit plastic capping/casing around surface pipes, then everyone who needs to know can see where they are.

I remember once we were removing shower stalls and someone cut a copper line believing it was a old water line, and it was gas. Gas was pouring out of it, I placed a cap on and soldered it on. The heat from the torch didn't do any harm as long as there wasn't any gas escaping, and you don't even have a flame.
Still, are you going to sleep well with a radiator next to a gasline?

Ted said he wouldn't

I take it the gas was turned off before you put the cap on and soldered it.

Just checking

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back