Double Built in Oven

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all...
Can anyone please tell me if 6mm Twin & Earth is suitable to run a 4.12KW Baumatic Double Oven and what mcb I should use at the CU.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
PART P.... PART P.... PART P....

this work is notifiable to the LABC under part P of the building regulations as it involves either the installation of new circuits, the alteration of protective devices or is in a special location... :rolleyes:

Thanks for the rapid replies guys.

Is it permissible for me to do the work and then have it inspected and certificated to part p

Sponsored Links
The only 2 ways you can currently notify the work are to notify your LABC in advance, pay their fee and let them oversee the compliance with the building regs or to employ an electrician who is a member of a competent person scheme such as NICEIC, NAPIT, ELECSA, ECA, BSI who can self certify compliance with the building regs.

this work is notifiable to the LABC under part P of the building regulations as it involves either the installation of new circuits, the alteration of protective devices or is in a special location... :rolleyes:

To be pedantic, a kitchen is not a special location. However there are additional restrictions on work which is non-notifiable in a kitchen. The work which the OP is carrying out is as you say, notifiable.

Hang on a mo the OP asked whether 6mm2 was suitable for the load of new oven.

If he is just fitting a replacement oven to an existing cooker circuit then it's not notifiable.

We do not have this info so we are speculating.

Tazcat can you clarify?

Hello all...
Can anyone please tell me if 6mm Twin & Earth is suitable to run a 4.12KW Baumatic Double Oven and what mcb I should use at the CU.

Thanks

Rather looks like a new circuit, otherwise he would have said
"............and is the existing 32A mcb OK in the CU"

Hi Guys

I think that it will be notifiable as I am replacing an old cable that hasn't been used for years so that I can go back to electric from gas.

Just needed to clarify.

TTC

I see your point but a little more info from OP would be useful so we can give better advice.

As most kitchens will have a cooker outlet more than likely fed in 6mm2 was the reason why I asked OP for more details.

Just one point....
The instruction manual says to use 2.5mm T&E !

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back