Screed on top of old slate floor?

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I want to screed(with the epoxy) my kitchen, dining TV room(open plan); about 55m square. BUT, the floor is about 30 years old and covered with old slate tiles. CAN I SCREED THE FLOOR WITHOUT REMOVING THE SLATE? The slate is not cracker or loose; a contractor told me if I clean the slate and then cover it with a good bonding liquid I can do the screed thing on top....PLEASE HELP?!

Sponsored Links
Do you want to lay a epoxy based compound? What is the reason for epoxy? or do you mean something else. And yes you can lay compound over the top with the correct primer

Do you want to lay a epoxy based compound? What is the reason for epoxy? or do you mean something else. And yes you can lay compound over the top with the correct primer

Yes, thanks, yes! It will save a lot of labor, dust & time.The idea is to put on top of the solid slate an epoxy based(with color) compound; I see that there are various brands on the market. The plan: we broke out the walls on the ground floor and now have about 55 squares, and "she" would like to have a continuos "industrial-look" floor for the whole area, and I agreed....
Any recommendation on primer, thickness and brand to use?

Sponsored Links

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back