RE: Loss of Pressure - Ferroli Optima Combi Boiler

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi

Had my Ferroli Optima combi boiler serviced a few weeks ago. As part of this the Engineer released water pressure through the Pressure Release Valve. Boiler fine since but gradually over seven day period it loses pressure dropping from 1 bar to nearly 0 bar. I bled radiators and then topped water pressure back up to 2 bar then fired up the boiler for half an hour. After half hour had a look at the pipe coming out the back wall. It was hard to tell but there was water (small amount in the pipe) dripping slowly, which suggested to me that it may be a slight leak through either a faulty or not fully tightened pressure release valve?

As the boiler was fine before the service I wanted to check the valve. Not managed to find anything online to identify where or what looking of and annoyingly misplaced the manual ? Can anyone advise me where this valve is ?

Any other advice also much appreciated - Many Thanks

Sponsored Links
Hi

Had my Ferroli Optima combi boiler serviced a few weeks ago. As part of this the Engineer released water pressure through the Pressure Release Valve. Boiler fine since but gradually over seven day period it loses pressure dropping from 1 bar to nearly 0 bar. I bled radiators and then topped water pressure back up to 2 bar then fired up the boiler for half an hour. After half hour had a look at the pipe coming out the back wall. It was hard to tell but there was water (small amount in the pipe) dripping slowly, which suggested to me that it may be a slight leak through either a faulty or not fully tightened pressure release valve?

As the boiler was fine before the service I wanted to check the valve. Not managed to find anything online to identify where or what looking of and annoyingly misplaced the manual ? Can anyone advise me where this valve is ?

Any other advice also much appreciated - Many Thanks

Look where the pipe outside (blowoff) comes back in to your boiler, trace it back (you may have to remove the cover from your boiler & you`ll find it leads to the pressure release valve (prv) sometimes big red knob (steady) sometimes grey. Replace this after checking it has been snapped shut properly. It works on a spring action, have a twist see what happens.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back