Glow-worm 30sxi system boiler - pressure increasing

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I have recently had a Glow-worm 30sxi system boiler installed, at first the pressure decreased most weeks and required increasing using a plastic tap next to the boiler, the installer recommended we keep it around 1.5 and dont let it go below 0.9.

We now seem to have the reverse problem where the presure increases by itself. It frequently gets to 1.7 and unless I bleed from a radiator it gets to 2.1 sometimes as well.

Any ideas on what is causing this? and is it dangerous for my system?

The installer is on holiday for 2 more weeks, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks

Sponsored Links
every chance hes left the filling loop slightly open to counteract your leak. :evil:

The filling loop is definately in the off position, but the pressure still seems to keep rising...

any other ideas on what might be wrong are very much appreciated

Pressure cold should be about 1.2 Bar. When rads are hot it will increase to about 2.

If this is what you describe then it is normal.

If not disconnect the filling loop completely to test.

Sponsored Links
thanks for this Dave, I hav just disconnected the filing loop and it is leaking water, despite the tap being in the off position. Is this causing the pressure to rise excessively?...the "normal" pressure seems to be around 1.7?

again,any advice appreciated..

thanks

Hi there
I have a a Glow worm 30SXi is showing red flashing light which I assume is because of drop in pressure. its only 0.5 bar now. Could anyone tell me how to locate the filling loop on this type of boiler and how to top up.
thank you

Ram

Hi,

I have recently had a Glow-worm 30sxi system boiler installed, at first the pressure decreased most weeks and required increasing using a plastic tap next to the boiler, the installer recommended we keep it around 1.5 and dont let it go below 0.9.

We now seem to have the reverse problem where the presure increases by itself. It frequently gets to 1.7 and unless I bleed from a radiator it gets to 2.1 sometimes as well.

Any ideas on what is causing this? and is it dangerous for my system?

The installer is on holiday for 2 more weeks, so any advice appreciated.

Thanks

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back