PLUMBING / FAQs suggestions or input from others PLEASE

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Had a bit of time to add to the FAQs section in order to direct people to answers to their plumbing problems by post numbers to avoid repetition when the same questions crop up.

Anybody got any suggestions for topics which always seem to come up ?

Also if anybody would like to add their own helpful post in the FAQs as it seems to have been forgotten just lately. :D

Sponsored Links
Can think of a couple -
Pumps - there is one there, but could cover more - different makes, how to tell if blocked, going slow etc.
Something to cover problems due to ingress of air following a radiator removal
Something about noisy pipes - rubbing against wood, etc
I thought I might do one on diverter valves - I've got a drawing somewhere
Powerflushing - would be one we wouldn't all agree on
Which boiler..........

Boiler/system cost.
If you fancy a bit of plagiarism
This Guy Seems to have a grip on the situation but I say he's a little bit off with the over-run wiring part. So it could do with a bit of editing if you fancy the job ;)

I dont know if some would see this as appropriate here but perhaps for the new gas section. I think that a 'Most common faults on Boiler X' section would be a help. I know it would be turning into quite a directory tree but to able to walk up to a boiler given only the make and model and have a clue what to expect or where to start would be well handy.

Eg ferrolis Always have thermistor, PCB and timer problems. ETC

Sponsored Links
Which boiler?
Users can then consider professionals experience, opinions etc about a range of boiler makes/models to help narrow down choice.

Slubabydotcom. Boiler problem tree exists at Gasnews.

Bahco, Question that keeps coming up is about Vaillant VCW 242 type boiler no heating. Suggest the answer to this question be to depress right hand side of the plastic arm rear of servo valve and see if boiler operates for central heating demand. Person with this problem try above and post results.

DP

Put a post in the faq about it if it is a regular question.

My arm is tired now! :LOL:

Would anybody else like to contribute a helpful post in the FAQs perhaps about something that keeps cropping up.

It will save you time if you can refer to the answer by number so and so in the FAQs.

If you feel some posts in FAQs need editing or adding to please post in FAQs and Mod 10 will sort it or PM me for my posts. :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back