Spotlights - One comes on first then another?!

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all,

I have just re-done the wiring for the lighting circuit. I have added two spot lights in the sitting room - these are controlled by one switch.

However the problem is that when I turn them on, one comes on first and then a few seconds later the second one comes on!

Is there anything wrong with the circuit why is this happening?! On the same circuit I have another pair of spotlights located in the porch. They also operate from one switch. When I turn them on they both come on together. Why are the sitting room ones not coming on together!?

Please help.

Sponsored Links
you havent said if they have transformers

i should assume they have transformers, either bad connection, faulty transformer or switch

yup they have transformers.

Thanks for your help breezer - Bloody heck! Simple things like that didnt even occur to me! I was completly brain dead.

1st job of the day tommorow will check all connections on switch and then spots.

Cheers mate ;)

yup they have transformers.

Thanks for your help breezer - Bloody heck! Simple things like that didnt even occur to me! I was completly brain dead.

1st job of the day tommorow will check all connection on switch and then spots.

Cheers mate ;)

Sponsored Links
Checked switch - all ok.

Then went to check connections on the spots and the one that came on after a few seconds had a dodgy transformer! One of the wires had come loose.

So put new transformer in and everything working fine!

Thank you once again breezer - Top man! - cheers! :D

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back