Toilet not flushing corectly

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hope someone can help me here.

I keep getting problems with my upstairs toilet not flushing, this then slows the drainiage of my bath as well.

I have rodded the pipes and they are all clear of blockages.

What I did notice is that when I removed the vent from the large drainage pipe. The toilet cleared instantly, it hen flushes with no problem.

As soon as I put the vent back on I get the same problem.

Does this mean the vent is broke?

Or do I have another problem some where else?

Your help would be much apreciated. :LOL:

Sponsored Links
i'm not sure mate. The toilet conects to a pipe about 6 inc diameter. This pipe goes down to the drains, it also goes upwards. In the top there is a plug with a vent in it, its like a big bung with vents all oaround it. When I take that out it flushes properly.

Thanks for your help.

Sounds like an air admittance valve and it also sounds like it isn't admitting air!

Does it look like this?:
ventpipefilter-maxi-filtra.jpg

If everything is OK with it removed then a new one should solve your problem.

Sponsored Links
Hi brought new air admittance valve, installed. However I still have the problem until I take it out. Do I have to do anything after I have install it?
Regards
Mazda28 :oops:

sounds like it was OK all along :oops: The valve itself, that is .........there must be something wrong with your soil/vent setup :confused: could be anything tho` :oops: maybe positive pressue build ing up :idea: because an AAV only lets air IN under negative pressure....long shot , it might be a blockage somewhere on the underground drain run.

Perhaps you should not have a sub stack. Your property should be served by a soil and vent pipe open to atmosphere although it can be shared with a neighbour in some cases.

Do you have one?

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back