Before I order a Vaillant Ecotec plus 415/418...

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I'm about to order either the 415 or 418 as a replacement boiler to by old Ideal W on the reccomendation of the forum.

Can this utilise the existing timer/thermostat controls I have that basically just supply a 240V on/off signal to the boiler? (I read that the boiler needs it's own permanent 240V supply)

Chris

Sponsored Links
The boiler needs Permanent live, switched live and a live from it to the pump.

What time controls you use are up to you.

Can't remember the name of the controls.

If the boiler also needs to switch the pump then sounds like it's a floor-boards up job since the only feed to the boiler location is one that is switched by the existing controls, tho there is a permanent supply as well.
The existing switch gear, pump etc are all in another room.

Chris

The system series, 615 etc only need a permanent and switched live.

Sponsored Links
Just checked the controller, it's a Danfoss Randall 3060. Will I be able to reuse it with this boiler?

Chris

Doesnt come up to latest Part L regs when fitting a new boiler, but wiring wise yes.

Thanks, at least it'll get me up and running. I actually googled it and found the user guide, so after 13 years I now know how to set it correctly!

Cheers

Chris

(Off to see what Part L is all about....)

If you fit a Buderus 19R you do not have pump overrun, no floorboards.

The 4 series Vaillant is an amalgamation of SD and Gloworm components built for the UK only and we do not usually specify them.

Thanks for the replies. It's a blinkin mine field this! I'm probably taking too much time/interest in exactly what boiler is fitted whereas I should just let the plumber get on with it and take out a maintenance contract!

Cheers

Chris

E-mail me from my profile for good prices on Vaillants. Unfortunately I've knackered my retail site at present :oops:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back