Problem with Glowworm 18HXI

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi everyone.

I have the above condensing boiler with a hot water cylinder. For the past few weeks it has been coming up with an F1 fault. the manual says ignition. It only does this now and again.

I had a local CORGI come and have a look. He said it was common on glowworms and asked if anyone had been and altered the gas. We have been here a year and not in that time. He used a gas analyser and said it was ok. He also changed an electrode (looked like a little spark plug). He did say that the fault may persist.

He was right and we are back to having some F1 faults and having to reset the boiler. Any ideas as to what else may be causing this. Don't want the boiler breaking down over xmas and i know the engineer is working away.

Thanks
Paul

Sponsored Links
Get someone to check the governor on the gas meter.Also is there a similar time zone in which it happens.

Many things can cause the F1 fault.

Low rate can drop out if incorrectly set as can high rate.
Condensate backing up to the heat exchanger
Moisture getting on the spark electrode.

or, PCB.
Id personally check all the above 1st though. Board would be a last resort

did one earlier this year with similar fault . everything checked out o.k except the governor on the meter . was steady , but would suddenly jump to about 28 to 30 mb. transco changed gov and all was o.k.

Sponsored Links
Thanks for your reply. Wife said earlier it came up with a ? F13 fault.

How can i check out what pablo suggested (not the pcb-obviously)

I'll also ask transco to check the meter govenor

Have this boiler indoors :( Had the intermittant F1 aswell till my mum made me fix it.

I found the graphite seals were leaking and replaced. Corgi job. All ok since.

Graphite seals - i suppose these seal the burner in place.

Approx how much to replace??

All the things i mentioned are corgi teritory im afraid, as is the door seal. The originals were rubber on early models and some perish. I found these perishing can cause F5 faults too but that another story!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back