loft insulation

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My husband is boarding over the loft and has removed the existing blanket type insulation - any ideas how to get rid of it other than taking it to the council tip.

What is the best way of providing insulation once it is boarded - is this essential or not?

RosemaryC

Sponsored Links
any ideas how to get rid of it other than taking it to the council tip.
Now lets see, it doesn't burn, you can't eat it. You could hire a skip and put it in that, (no too expensive). You could smuggle a small bit of it into your domestic refuge every week, (no take too long).

No council tip definately sounds the best option.

What is the best way of providing insulation once it is boarded - is this essential or not?

No it's not essential. If you are going to insulate, it would be better to put the insulation in before the boards, then fit the boards on top. Now I wonder, where would you find some cheep insulation. This sounds like a job for that insulation you want to get rid off :LOL:

Quote:

No it's not essential.

Just budget for a bigger heating bill than when you had the insulation.

Sponsored Links
Most ceiling joists are about 100mm which doesn't give much depth for insulation. The property I'm living in now has a trussed roof with 100mm joists. I've screwed 50 mm timber on top to give 150mm insulation between the joists before I boarded it.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back