Potterton Promax Combi 33 HE Plus, water pressure too high

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
When the hot taps are turned on there is a very high water pressure which then tails off, how do I reduce this initial burst of high pressure.

Sponsored Links
When taps are turned off you will have the full dynamic pressure from the mains but a pressure reducing valve may help

Thanks, I had tried partially closing the stop cock under the sink but it made no difference.

Possibly caused by combination of plastic pipe at the end and a restricted flow before that

Sponsored Links
This heating system belongs to an 90yr old woman who has recently had this installed as part of a local council heating scheme for pensioners, the people who fitted it were certainly cowboys and did not do a good job. I am not a plumber but would like to help her get it fixed, which is why I am asking the experts for advice.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back