Country
United Kingdom
hi guys
i have a problem with my boiler
it keeps loosing pressure with in a 24 hour circle

any ideas

thanks

Sponsored Links
If you cannot see any water coming out of the prv discharge pipe then it has to be a leak somewhere.

If you pressurise it to 1 Bar then turn it on ch does the pressure guage rise quickly to over 3 bar and then the prv opens?

If so you need to check the exp vessel charge. See FAQs on here on how to do it.

Sponsored Links
If you cannot see any water coming out of the prv discharge pipe then it has to be a leak somewhere.

If you pressurise it to 1 Bar then turn it on ch does the pressure guage rise quickly to over 3 bar and then the prv opens?

If so you need to check the exp vessel charge. See FAQs on here on how to do it.
cheers dave your a star
where do i find the FAQs ( i,m new round here )

Shouldn't be anything coming out of prv pipe.

Tape a plastic bag over it and leave for a while, this will give you more of an indication of the amount coming out.

aye your right
there quarter of a pint in 4 hours now in the bag
i am just hoping the valves passing
is there a quick way to check ??

If the pressure has been below 3 bar, or even below 2 bar all this time then it is logically the prv that is knackered.

If the heating has been on and the pressure has been 3 bar or more then it is doing its job and the fault lyes in the boiler somewhere.

If the pressure has been below 3 bar, or even below 2 bar all this time then it is logically the prv that is knackered.

If the heating has been on and the pressure has been 3 bar or more then it is doing its job and the fault lyes in the boiler somewhere.

thanks dave i,ll do a full check in the morning

once again thanks for your help and advice

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back