vizo condensing combi boiler (vizo24) no dhw

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hi Can anyone advise
I have had a new replacement boiler just fitted (vizo condensing combi boiler, vizo24) and the central heating is fine. But I have no DHW.
Nothing starts when the taps are turned on ie the fan, ignition, there are no warning lights does anyone have an idea, it will mean a much better xmas for me if I get it sorted ;) ;)

Sponsored Links
Don't know these but there must be some sort of flow switch to detect the hw flow through it.

Where is your heating engineer in your hour of need? Call him and ask what to do?

OP - g4u will no doubt be on hand to look after any of his freshly installed Vaillants (not that they ever fail according to him) so no doubt your installer will offer the same cast iron guarantee against the goods & services supplied.

Get the installer back, kick his ass, and get him to fit a proper boiler. Did you go for the lowest quote?

This is the cr*p that they sell at B&Q for 300 notes!!

You can buy a good thing that's cheap, but you can't buy a cheap thing that's good.

Sponsored Links
[quo Vaillants (not that they ever fail te]

3 diverter valves in 3 years. Yes our Vaillant Turbomax fails on a regular basis!! The one wehad before only failed once in 18 years. Not what they used to be.[/quote]

[quo Vaillants (not that they ever fail te]

3 diverter valves in 3 years. Yes our Vaillant Turbomax fails on a regular basis!! The one wehad before only failed once in 18 years. Not what they used to be.
[/quote]

You've twisted this quote away from it's meaning to suit your rather irrelevant point.

.Nixt, I'm sorry that you have such a poor grasp of The English language.

Correct me if I am wrong, but your original reply says that Gas4you maintains that Vaillants never fail. I have proof that they do.

I'm afraid you will have to get over the fact that these threads often go off at a tangent. C'est la vie my old China!

My comment may be irrelevant, but nothing has been twisted.

If you want any more grammar lessons, please let me know.

Come to think of it Nixt, how was your first reply relevant to Weegie's problem with his boiler anyway?

People and their glass houses!

I advised the OP to contact his installer, where most people go when experiencing problems on a new fit. The comments about Vaillant failure are a joke with g4u because he regularly promotes them. Your contribution was a pointless titbit about your own TurboMax diverter faults which most in the trade remember well.

If you think that a disagreement about the relevance of your comments is covered under grammar, then it is you that requires the English lessons.

Where is your heating engineer in your hour of need? Call him and ask what to do?[/quote]

I'm drawing a blank on him, I'll sort that after xmas.
if I get the information that it is likely to be a sensor switch? and not something more serious, I'll try and get someone to fix that for me. and a hard lesson learned for using someone out the local paper?
I don't want to get in between the in house fighting, I'm just desperate to get this sorted at this time of year.
thanks once again :(

Weegie, I must apologise for Nixt.

He started nit-picking my quite reasonable and relevant post.

He's obviously a bit frustrated about something, and I shouldn't have risen to it.

Merry Xmas to all.

Yes OP, ignore that nasty nitpicking Nixt, someone elses problem with their Vaillant is just what you need to help you with a faulty Heatline Vizo hours before Xmas.

I am for my sins very pro Vaillant at present, the product, not the company.

I am lucky that my mate is probably one of the best Vaillant engineers around (no joke and openly admitted by Vaillant)

So far I've had 1 pump go on an 831 at 2 1/2 years, replaced foc by Vaillant and 1 pump I called in at the 1st service as I thought it was a bit too noisey.

The most unreliable ones were the Ecomax Pro, now replaced with the 400 series.

As nixt has said, I WOULD be available for any of my customers that had the slightest problem with a new boiler (unless I'm away on holiday) but they would always get me on my mobile anywhere I happened to be:cool:.

But then I am expensive compared to most, but you get what you pay for I always say.

OP why not call manufacturers direct and book a service call?

I would like to help but you have not said anything that an engineer can use diagnostically.

If the heating is off then does the boiler make any noise at all when a hot tap is turned on?

How long did it work for?

How much did he charge to supply and fit the boiler?

How long did he take?

Is he CORGI registered? ( Meaning his card or number checks on the CORGI site? )

Did he complete the Benchmark certificate?

Even our Danny, who covers Glasgow, is in London for Christmas although he has not replied to the invitation to dinner on Boxing day!

Tony

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back