SECURITY LIGHTS IN BACK GARDEN FRONT ENTRANCE NOT WORKING

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
...Our security lights at the front entrance and back garden went off completely at different times. We bought and changed the bulbs but it is still not working. Any suggestions

:D

Sponsored Links
..our handyman checked it and said its not the fuse. Its farily new and was fitted my an electrician from Poland...

:confused:

Sponsored Links
how does he know its not the fuse ? did he get up their and check for a live supply ?

if its new then its probabaly the lamp... the ones u get with fittings are crap

was fitted my an electrician from Poland...
:confused:

Why didn't you get him back to sort it out; or doesn't he answer his mobile? Did he give you a certificate for the work? this is required to the regulations.

Jaymack

...believe me we tried to contact him for about 6 months after the problem but all to no avail. He just disappeared into thin air. When we eventually got him he said he has tried his best. I know those who are reading this may be laughing at us but to get a reliable handyman or plumber is like searching for a diamond on Brighton beach. Many of those in upmystreet will take your details and promise to call you back but they never do. Some will even tell you they are busy for the next 8 months…..Even when you have the money to pay; it is difficult to find a RELIABLE person.

thank you all for your swify response and sincere advice. :) :)

it is busy at the mo didnt drop off at christmas this year,anyway,are you sure the lamps are making proper contact with the pins?

thats the most obvious one to check

you are going to hang out for a sparks though,you need that cert

I don't have much faith in your polish "electrician". Any decent sparks should be able to sort this out easily. I would agree with Daytona about the contact to the lamps - I've had compatibility problems with the linear halogens - the little nipples on the lampholder are not always long enough to make good contact with the lamp. It is impossible to see this with the lamp in position - the only real way to find out is with a multimeter.

Paul

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back