Nissan Micra central locking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
My Micra is the new design and is 4 years old. Recently I had to return it to the dealer as I am (still) having problems with the central locking. I always drive with the lock applied and it unlocks itself while I'm driving along. It has got worse over the weeks and when I first took it in they said the batteries had worn down in the keyfobs and so the keys were out of synch with the car. They reset the key number and we reckoned the problem had been dealt with.

It is now going back in this week as the problem still persists. The locks just go mental, and even do so when I've switched off the engine. It only stops when I've pressed the 'lock' button on the fob.

When booking the repair I more or less said, should I have to pay the diagnostic charge again (nearly £90), as I believed they should have sorted it out first of all. They agreed to waive this.

So. Does anybody have any clues as to what's going on with the locking? I think it only happens when I open one of the rear doors, so could the problem lie there?

(Sorry, only just found this site!)

Sponsored Links
it sounds like you have moisture in one of the actuators in the doors,which one is hard to tell but it could be the rear door you mention,can you hear any unusual noises in the door when you operate the locks?

Thanks for replying! No, I cannot say that I've noticed any unusual noises. Any idea what I'm listening out for? I drove the car today (albeit for a short distance) without opening any of the back doors and had NO episodes of the c/l malfunctioning. I'm just wondering what information I need to pass on to the dealer when it goes in this week. Do you have experience/knowledge of the actuator you mentioned? Is it more likely to be just moisture or does the 'unit' have to be/need to be replaced. Thanks.

no experience of your system im afraid but its generally water ingress that cause these sorts of problems,it is worth telling the dealer that the problem ocurrs when you operate the rear doors,even better if you can pin point the exact door that causes it

Sponsored Links
OK, the car went in last week. As weeks ago I'd mistakenly pulled out the tiny rubber button on the driver's door, they recommended a replacement switch, claiming, yes, water ingress! I paid out £125, took back possession of my car, drove out to the local supermarket and all was fine. Then just a minute after switching on the engine again, the problem re-occurred!! I immediately drove back to the dealer and confronted the male receptionist who admitted as he was no mechanic he was flummoxed.

So it's going back in tomorrow (Monday) for me to talk to the foreman. This is getting totally ridiculous! The car has now been to see them 3 times: battery change, keys reprogrammed, and replacement door switch. What the heck do we look at now? The rear doors weren't even opened on this occasion.

I told the poor man on the desk that I'm losing money left, right and centre as I'm now on hourly pay and not even yet receiving any salary so dropping the car in to them means I'm not earning.

Calling all Nissan mechanics! HELP!!!

Well, it's not what any of us thought. After about 5 hours of investigation, it was found to be the BCM (Body Control Module) where all the wiring goes in. The wires for the central locking had short circuited and burnt. Therefore, new BCM and re-wiring. Bill for £600.

Arrgggggghhhh!!! :eek: :(

Well, it's not what any of us thought. After about 5 hours of investigation, it was found to be the BCM (Body Control Module) where all the wiring goes in. The wires for the central locking had short circuited and burnt. Therefore, new BCM and re-wiring. Bill for £600.

Arrgggggghhhh!!! :eek: :(

Hope you got refunded on the other unnecessary jobs!

I had similar problem with my 03 reg Micra SE. For weeks the battery had been draining when parked, even after a new alternator and battery had been renewed. When driving and parked with the engine off, the locking mechanisms would go absolutely haywire. After a lengthy investigation it turned out to be the BCM. Not a cheap experience as the BCM itself cost £300.

I have similar but little bit different problem.

I bought the car second hand in July 2011 and just after 2 days boot lock started playing in a rainy day and ultimately i could not open the boot lock. While i was driving i noticed that signal lights are no more working. Helll

I consulted Auto electrician and he just replaced BCM ECU with another second hand one and he programmed him self. Singal lights are working but boot lock is still not working.

Halford auto centre also tried to see where the issue is and they said something wrong with BCM or ECU.

one more thing, when i unlock the car remotely with key fob, i can not see flashing side lights but still all the lock opens.

Can anyone help me what should i do ?

Sponsored Links
Back