wich order do the valves on a 1300 endura e ehgine run

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
does any one know which order the valves inlet and exhaust run from the water pump end is it inlet and exhaust all the way through or do they change for each cylinder help please the car is a 2001 1300 endura e engine and the tappets need adjusting thanks [email protected]

Sponsored Links
It depends on the firing order, which is commonly 1-3-4-2, but could equally easily be 1-2-4-3.

Each inlet will open on the first of the four strokes, and the exhaust on the last.

For example, if 1-3-4-2, the sequence in one full Otto cycle will be:

inlet 1 & exhaust 3
inlet 3 & exhaust 4
inlet 4 & exhaust 2
inlet 2 & exhaust 1

There will be differences in the exact crankshaft angle at which valves open (and close) if the cam lobes are different shapes.

It doesn't depend on the firing order, it depends on the design of the cylinder head and camshaft. Usually the order of the valves will be;
Exhaust
Inlet
Inlet
Exhaust
Exhaust
Inlet
Inlet
Exhaust.
But it can also be;
Inlet
Exhaust
Inlet
Exhaust
Inlet
Exhaust
Inlet
Exhaust
The former option is the by far the most common & that's the one I'd put my money on.

c, which is commonly 1-3-4-2, but could equally easily be 1-2-4-3.

Each inlet will open on the first of the four strokes, and the exhaust on the last.

For example, if 1-3-4-2, the sequence in one full Otto cycle will be:

inlet 1 & exhaust 3
inlet 3 & exhaust 4
inlet 4 & exhaust 2
inlet 2 & exhaust 1

There will be differences in the exact crankshaft angle at which valves open (and close) if the cam lobes are different shapes.

It does not depend on the firing order. it depends on where, in the cylinder head, the designer has chosen to place the valves.

op
i dont know.
good luck with it.

[/b]

Sponsored Links
The Kent crossflows (on which the Endura is based) had

Exhaust
Inlet
Inlet
Exhaust

Exhaust
Inlet
Inlet
Exhaust

The exhaust manifold should confirm this, being one at each end and two in the middle.

Clearance, 0.5 mm Exhaust, 0.2 mm Inlet. (Confirm this.)

Rgds.

thanks for the information are they adjusted when the engine is cold thanks

2ui8aiq.jpg

I know this is an old thread, but I thought it would be useful to give the CORRECT information.

The valve order for the 1.3 Endura-E is:

E I E I I E I E

Exhaust gap = 0.5mm
Inlet gap = 0.2mm[/img]

Yes thank you for the correction. Its also important to note that the design changed on these throughout the life of the basic design (Kent/Valencia/HCS/Endura-E).

I think HCS is the same as Endura-E but the real odd ball is Valencia which isn't mirrored so takes more care.

Sponsored Links
Back