finding a tradesman

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
I am looking at replacing my gas fire and 'she who must be obeyed' has found the one but it is from a supply only distributor, so I need to find a Corgi registered fitter.

How is the best way to find a local good fitter that is going to try & empty my wallet?

Sponsored Links
I am looking at replacing my gas fire and 'she who must be obeyed' has found the one but it is from a supply only distributor, so I need to find a Corgi registered fitter.

How is the best way to find a local good fitter that is going to try & empty my wallet?
From my experience quiet easy I would think :D but I'm sure you meant NOT empty your wallet!

The problem I found when I wanted a new LPG cooker connected up is most are not interested in small jobs & will qoute a full days money for a couple of hours work. :evil: unfortunately they have a very nice monoploly going. :(

You could try asking in an estate agents letting office. That is the people who deal with renting property and manage repairs for the landlord.

They seem to have names of tradesmen who do a good job for a reasonable price and are used to and geared up for doing small repair type jobs.

Sponsored Links
You could try asking in an estate agents letting office. That is the people who deal with renting property and manage repairs for the landlord.

They seem to have names of tradesmen who do a good job for a reasonable price and are used to and geared up for doing small repair type jobs.

What he said. We found 'our' electrician that way. Guy came round to our then rented house to fit a new heating element to the boiler. We liked him so we took his number. When we bought our first house, we had him re-wire the whole place and subsequently had him back for small jobs like moving the shower and other odds and sods.

Letting agents want a job doing well and quickly - costs them less in time and money. Stands to reason they want good trades on their books.

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Back