Moving my supply intake

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Hello all this is my first post so please go easy on me.

I have just bought an old cottage with what I'm told is a 60 amp TT? supply.

I have to move the suppliers fuse and meter to the other side of the building (about 20m). I am told that I must do this live or contact the suppliers but this will cost to much so I will do it myself.

I have some 6mm grey two core and earth cable, can I use it to join the supply cable to?

I am looking to get some insulated gloves so I can do this, can anyone tell me where I can buy these.

Does this seem OK?

Regards,

Steve

Sponsored Links
Erm.... Highly not advisable.....

depends i guess how much you value your life.... as to the cost of getting in DNO to to this for you....

This is a joke post right?

Wow that was fast.

I was told I could just join the wires.

My mate is a sparks and he said the suppliers would charge a small fortune and it is pretty easy to do it.

So you are saying I can't?

Even if I have the same gloves as the suppliers engineers?

Thanks,

Steve

You are not merely advised not to do this, you are not allowed to do it. The supply cable and head/fuse termination and meter belong to the electricity supplier, not you, and you HAVE to get them to do it if you really want it moved, at whatever cost they apply.
Having said that they may not even agree to move it if they feel the move is a bad one!

Sponsored Links
:eek: :eek:

Best bet if you want it done on the cheap is if you know anyone who works as jointer and wants some cash in hand....

T+E is most certainly the wrong cable to use!

Why do you want it moved anyway?

It must be a joke! :!: :!: :!:
And a sparky told you that you could do it :eek: :eek:
Legally you cannot touch it
Get the DNO in FGS!

This must be a wind-up, so I'll answer in a similar vein.

Don't bother with 6mm² - it's way OTT. Just use speaker cable. Don't worry about an earth connection either, or RCD's - they're way too expensive for what they are.

And you don't need insulated gloves, either - crossing the fingers of one hand is sufficient to avoid electrocution.

Follow Secure's advice and you will be given a 'Darwin Award'
They are of course awarded post humously.

Can you let me know what date your planning your funeral and where it is, just so i can book the day off work. Oh and does the family want flowers or would they prefer me to make a donation to charity?

In the words of 'that' famous Tennis player ....

"You cannot be serious"

character-death-grim-reaper-individual-indoors-interior-~-271199.jpg

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sponsored Links
Back