belt sanders

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
looking for a belt sander, diy / light trade use, on a £200 budget for this tool, what make /size would you recommend.

Sponsored Links
well I'm going to go with ryobi 4" thanks,
I've look at many sites for reviews and like you, there's several happy people with it,
its just after my new ryobi saw I lost my faith in there kit.

id go for hitachi. Id rate it as light to heavy trade. ;) Ive converted to hitachi after years of dewalt and im very impressed.

Sponsored Links
well I fancied a 4" hitachi but there belts are listed as 110mm wide and the more common size belt is a 100mm so that stopped me.

Wickes have a 900w belt sander with carry bag and spare belts for £15 :eek: It's on a clearance so might be gone but worth a call to your local depot.

The belts cost £5 and the bag has to be worth a fiver as well.

Ha, tried their cheap circular saw when I needed to rip down some 18mm ply,
the sole plate flex that easily that its only good for cutting fire wood.

Was just about to ask about belt sanders but saw this thread open!

Anybody had cause to use a Makita 9911 Belt sander - if so are they any good? Its coming up to my birthday and I fancy a belt sander to help me complete various projects that the wife has planned!

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back