Dual Flush Valve leaking

Reaction score
Country
United Kingdom
Sorry more problems! Had a pre installed ideal standard dual flush valve in my cistern (its the type that overflows internally). I noticed that it had a constant flow of water once installed, so took it off and tightened the bottom back nut (thinking it was the external seal)

Once on again, it was still leaking. So I took it off, and had a look up with it full, and it was leaking internally, rather than through the external valve sealing washer.

All the overflow, float settings etc are ok. So is this a return or is there another seal I can look at? Seems like everything I have had from ideal standard has had a problem with it...

Sponsored Links
if you hold the valve half way down and twist it will come apart check if the rubber ring is seating fully.

The whole top spins around so the buttons line up....

Its this one:

twico1option2.jpg

looking at your one the clip half way down by the overflow needs to be held in to release and the same on the other side

Sponsored Links
you should be able to get to seal. i don't reconise that valve. sometimes you get a bit of rough plastic etc from when it was made.

Hi

Gerberit (**** spelling)
Check mating surfaces are flat and free of limescale or whatever.
Push the two lower lugs in and the body will come off. remove as much limescale from the guide rail in the middle.
If that fail down to buildbase buy another 24.99+vat

HTH

that cheap old rubbish from abroad that you get now days with new cisterns. i always change them for good english parts.
i can't see pic fully but you must be able to get to remove the rubber seal.
as on old ones they scale up after a few yrs and need cleaning.

cheers for that..

and you really change out all your OEM stuff with english gear? Are the valves that bad then or just deteriorate after time?

Mark

I need a decent spanner for the lock nut as I am mangling this one with the stillsons.... not seen one of these in screwfix.. is this a special plumber tool :LOL:

DIYnot Local

Staff member

If you need to find a tradesperson to get your job done, please try our local search below, or if you are doing it yourself you can find suppliers local to you.

Select the supplier or trade you require, enter your location to begin your search.

Are you a trade or supplier? You can create your listing free at DIYnot Local

Sponsored Links
Back